Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Cables

Sorry for the long absence! I haven't had much time to knit but I did crank out about 25 rows on this sweater this weekend.

I was a bit intimidated to begin this project, I'll admit. I did mess up my pattern in a few different places that I ripped out and fixed individually. After I got done with five or six rows and still had a problem with how the pattern was turning out, I cut my losses and ripped down to the ribbing.

I'm so glad I did. I added stitch markers where a new section of cables start and it looks great. I also added post it markers to help me keep track of where I am in the cable pattern, which is the only reasonable way for me to tackle this. I'm officially addicted. It's so much fun to knit, and even more exciting is the fact that the front will be the exact same thing.

Since my last post, I also finished The Narrative of Sir Arthur Gordon Pym and as I suspected, the book came to a tragic end. I don't have anything else I'm currently reading at the moment.