Monday, November 28, 2016

Yarn Review Monday 31: Bernat Blanket

What is YRM: I honestly believe there are good things and bad things about every type of yarn, no matter how much you save or how much you break the bank. 

This is for the lay-knitter, not professionals. This is for people like me who might not necessarily be fiber experts despite being a crocheter or knitter for a long time, but need an honest opinion about yarn before they dive into a project with it.

The yarn: Bernat Blanket

220 yards, 201 meters
300 grams, 10.58 oz
  • 100% Polyester

The Project: JoAnn's Mystery Stitch-Along

What I liked: Great at showing off texture. Soft and springy even after machine washing. It is also incredibly warm, and the super bulky weight really creates a very snuggly blanket.

What I didn't like: There is little to complain about. It gets really hot to work with so I wouldn't recommend using it for a blanket in the middle of summer.

Affordability:  I bought my skeins on sale for $7 each.

Rating: I think this makes a great blanket, and I think it would be great to use for a big plush toy. It seems pretty durable since it has held its original softness and squish after 3 trips through my washing machine. And through a bit of abuse from my children with pulling and stretching. 5/5 stars.


For a list of Yarn Reviews, click below:

 

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this or asked to review this yarn by any store or the company itself. Opinions are my own.