Monday, November 28, 2016

Yarn Review Monday 30: Malabrigo Silky Merino

What is YRM: I honestly believe there are good things and bad things about every type of yarn, no matter how much you save or how much you break the bank. 

This is for the lay-knitter, not professionals. This is for people like me who might not necessarily be fiber experts despite being a crocheter or knitter for a long time, but need an honest opinion about yarn before they dive into a project with it.

The yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino

150 yards, 137 meters
50 grams, 1.76 oz
  • 51% silk, 49% merino
The project: Adam's Ribs Cap Sleeve Wrap by Carol Sunday
What I liked: This yarn is soft, light, and very warm. Shows off my stitch pattern beautifully. I've worn this a lot since I finished it at the beginning of September. Minimal pilling, and I haven't washed it yet. I do think I'll need to remove the fuzz starting to form by the end of the year though.

What I didn't like: Hmm. Hard to say. I guess It didn't block the way I expected, although that was probably more of a pinning issue than a yarn issue. It fit really nicely horizontally but due to the pattern of the ribbing, it lost the horizontal length during blocking and while I love the added vertical length, it doesn't quite fit the same across my front.


Affordability:  Approximately $9-10 per skein

Rating: I really loved working with this yarn. Malabrigo yarns have yet to disappoint me. 5/5 stars.


For a list of Yarn Reviews, click below:

 

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this or asked to review this yarn by any store or the company itself. Opinions are my own.