Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Frogging: "It's no big deal"

So, I realized that I made a mistake in reading my sweater pattern over the weekend and ended up frogging 20 rows. It was approximately half of my sweater. Half. Almost an entire skein of yarn. I was seething. My husband looks up at my from his reading and says, "If it makes you feel better, its not that big of a deal. You can redo it, can't you?" Famous last words... especially to someone with long, pointy metal objects in their hands. I lost it and said something belligerent about three days of knitting down the toilet and stormed out of the room.
Still not as far as I was when I frogged. Getting close though.

Fast forward to this week: things are going much better but I can't help thinking how far I'd be had I not read the pattern incorrectly.

My reading involves a book that was recommended to me for homeschooling by my mother in law which she said she's had great success with for teaching reading. I read through the introduction about teaching methods, how to use the book, etc. It sounds pretty fool-proof as far as the teaching portion goes, which makes me feel a lot better about this whole homeschooling thing.
More WIPS can be found at the link below: