Tuesday, March 22, 2016

FO: Elefante

I finally have an FO to share. Notice, it was none of the WIPs I've been sharing for the last few months. I just needed a fast, fun project and this little Elephante came together in less than a week. It's a free pattern, and it's very easy to follow.

I love a good instant gratification project... Don't we all?
This little guy will be a baby gift for someone.




I think he looks a lot like a Heffalump. My husband said this guy turned out very "Tim Burton-esque." I asked if it was because of the dark colors. He insisted it's because of how the nose shaped out once it was stuffed. Whatever. Baby won't care right?!
(He thinks the nose resembles the evil scientist's nose in Nightmare Before Christmas... Yeah, you see it now too, don't you? Haha!)
I think the nose is a little wonky because I used only fiberfill stuffing, not pellets to weigh it down like the pattern suggests doing. I also neglected to do a row of purling around the base of his trunk which probably adds to the goofy look.

Anyway, I may or may not see you tomorrow to share my untouched WIPs!

Until next time!