Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year, Old Projects

I cast on for a pair of socks on Monday.

I bought the yarn almost exactly a year ago with intentions to give them as a birthday present last year. However, sweater knitting was a priority at the time, school got in the way, and now here we are. I'm using mini (VERY mini) skeins for the toes, heels and cuffs, each a different color that is compatible with the main blue, because that's just about all I can squeeze out of those little skeins.

So what's with the "old projects" title? A couple years ago I was working on what I'll respectfully call my project from hell. Well, I never frogged it. I decided it's about time I finished it. Also, my daughter might fit it in the fall so there's a little more motivation to finish.


This is as far as I got before getting mad and giving up...

I also brought home a strip of knitting my great grandmother had made a couple years ago after visiting my grandparents. I plan on finishing that as a scarf at some point this year.



Come back Friday to see the finished infinity scarf! It was done on Sunday, you can sneak a peek on my 2016 FO page!
See more projects by clicking the link below: