Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Winter Things

How did I even miss last week's update?! Time is not my friend lately.

The project on the right is for donation to the church craft sale, the first weekend of December. It is the Antler Hat pattern by Tin Can Knits. I've been admiring their patterns for a while now, and this was the perfect excuse to knit something.

My plans changed slightly for the project I'm making for my nursing preceptor. She came in with a new purse the second day we were working together and she told her co-worker, "I hate boring colors." It was bright turquoise, and while she's in her upper 50s or early 60s she definitely has her bangs dyed purple. So I decided some colorful mittens were just the thing, and I scrapped the plan for fair isle. Once I finish the hat (I'm on the crown shaping at the moment), I'll be starting on the mittens since my last shift with her is the night before the craft sale. The yarn is super soft and squishy, and the label says its anti-pill, so I'm hoping they'll stay nice for a longer time once they become mittens.