Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Cardigan Update

I have been working diligently on the Blue Sand Cardigan this week. Every spare minute this week had been devoted to a stitch here, a row there.

As a result, this project has actually been going quite quickly!
Last week I had only just divided for the sleeves.
This is how far I have progressed:

Each stripe is 26 rows wide. I got to the next color change at the end of the day yesterday.
I haven't been doing any reading of my own, unfortunately. But for story time with the kids we read David Copperfield this week out of the Dickens book I got my oldest for Christmas last year.
My five year old, the one I gave the book to, impressed me that he kept interest in all except one of the stories--Bleak House--and he even asked me to read the short bibliography on Dickens at the end of the book. Bleak House moved a little too slowly and the content was a lot heavier than the other stories for him to stay interested but four out of five plus a bibliography is good enough for me!
He asked before his nap yesterday if we could start reading the stories again. He makes me so proud.

See more projects by clicking below: