Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Test Knitting a Kitty Hat

This week, after a few headaches with the Amazon store I ordered my replacement needle for the Blue Sand cardigan from (more on that after the pictures), I decided to start over on the test knit I was asked to make.

My sister in law wrote up a baby hat pattern and she wanted me to knit it and make sure the pattern made sense, etc, before she made it available to sell on Ravelry.

I started with the pink yarn I wanted to use for a hat for my daughter and that was not working well, and there wasn't enough yardage besides, so I frogged it and started over with some teal Skacel I acquired from a garage sale.
Who needs homework when knitting
and wine are at your fingertips?

The yarn is thicker than pattern requirements. It is producing a much larger hat but I told her I'd make an official test knit, with correct yarn weight and needle size, once I finished the dry run.
Accurate yarn color
I just finished the ear row last night before I threw the kids in bed. Normally I hate posting photos of my kids in public places online but this is too funny not to share.
Yes, my straight needles are sticking up our the top of his head!

So about the needle situation. I ordered new needles at the end of June. They arrived four sizes too small. I double checked my original order before complaining just to make sure it wasn't my mistake. After contacting the company and going back and forth for over a week without any resolve, I finally told them to forget about replacement and ordered a needle from Etsy.
See more projects by clicking below: