Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Keeping Busy

I added another book to my reading list. I used to read a couple books at a time for fun in high school but when I started knitting that sort of stopped and I had a lot of projects going instead.

I'm in project monogamy at the moment though with a few books that I'm reading.

I picked up the stitches for the second sleeve last night. After knitting a few rows and leaving it unattended to make lunch, my two and a half year old ripped all my needles out. I flipped out and put the needless back in. A bit of an overreaction on my part since he didn't actually rip it back as he is prone to doing...

As for reading, bottom to top in this picture are: my summer school book. Boring. Boring, boring, boring. It's my management class. My calling definitly isn't business. Thank goodness I knew that before I started higher education. It's the only management class I have to take. I've read seven of the nine chapters for my exam next week and the lessons I've learned are: show up to work, look good, boss people around but be nice about it, healthcare is expensive and not high quality in America. Everyone knew that already though, right?

The second book in the stack is called, "Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor," and is the memoir of a pastor's conversion to Catholicism. He was famous and prominent in the Methodist Church (4000 people on non-holiday Sunday mornings) but gave up everything when he converted. I was a convert too so these stories resonate with me.

And on the top of the stack is Dickens. As much as I love reading this book, I do need silence and longer periods in my day without interruption to read it so I mostly save it for down time at work.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
See more projects by clicking below: