Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Library Challenge FO (sort of)

I never feel like I have a legitimate reason to brag about my first FO of the year when the project had been on the needles since October. I felt the same way last year. I also don't know how legitimate the finish is when I'm waiting for the buttons to arrive in the mail.
True to original yarn color.

However, this cardigan was a real struggle and I feel like a huge weight has lifted off my mind now that all the knitting is finished.

The pattern was written fine but I had never done wrap and turn short rows. Therefore, I was quite frustrated when I couldn't figure out what the instructions were telling me to do once I began my sleeve caps. I ripped out the first sleeve no less than four times before consulting the almighty YouTube and kicking myself for not comprehending the simplicity of the wrap and turn.

The above photos are of the cardigan before steam blocking.

This yarn makes all your mistakes and small imperfections exaggerated times infinity. For. Real. My yarn review this upcoming Monday will tell you all about that.


As for reading, I'm still working through Sherlock Holmes and since our semester started Monday I'm back to the books again.
(Linking up as an FO with the Yarn Fanatic Party over at the Philosopher's Wife.)
Check out more WIPs by clicking the button below:

  http://www.gsheller.com/2014/08/yarn-along-191.html