Tuesday, December 9, 2014

For the Men

I've been knitting away on the gifts for my husband and my father in-law.

I usually give gifts to the ladies since it is way easier to come up with something they'd like but I've been feeling guilty about not doing anything nice for the hard-working men in my life.

My dad's gift is done.
This is actually 5' long.

I've come along really nicely on my husband's jumbo scarf during the week and I'm really happy with how far along I managed to knit on my father in-law's faire isle hat this weekend. I only worked on his hat this weekend since I couldn't sneak away to work on my husband's scarf.

I'm guessing I won't have much knitting time this week since finals are starting, so don't be surprised if I have no updates for you next week. Although every time I say that, I end up knitting all week. Ha. I'll just have to see how things go.

Oh yeah, this is another project I've been working on. Making some monsters for my two year old out of fabric scraps. It's for playing with in the car, out and about, etc. I finally finished the mini quilt I tried sewing as an experiment a couple years ago. It's pretty goofy. The monster with the one leg? Yeah, that was supposed to be a tail. Haha.