Saturday, October 18, 2014

Knit Style

How do you like to wear those knits you worked so hard on? Do you wear it when lounging around the house? Out on dates or special occasions? We're always excited about sharing finished objects but what happens to your projects when you're done being excited about finally casting off?

Alright you guys. I need to tell you something. I never wear this shawl.


It is my most viewed project on Ravelry (by other users).
It is my most favorited project on Ravelry (by other users).
And I never wear it. What it comes down to is a case of using the wrong yarn for a beautiful pattern.
The yellow/orange yarn is locally made and I really love the color but it itches so bad around my neck and I made the shawl smaller than the pattern instructed because I didn't want something huge. The springy yarn does not stretch with use. It does not stretch with blocking.
It turned out gorgeous and I just hate wearing it. I just don't have the heart to rip it out and reuse the yarn. Ugh.

Link up and share the every day wear of your favorite (or not so favorite) garments.