I did not work on my knitting at all over the 4th of July holiday weekend. Not once. Monday was my first opportunity so I did some furious knitting, attached the first sleeve to my sweater, and got about five inches or less done on the second sleeve.
We were able to take a day trip to the north shore on Tuesday and I was able to finish the second sleeve, attach it, and get up to the first brown stripe on the yoke on the long drive up.
No, I did not take this photo before I got that far. I realized once I knit that far that I put the second sleeve on backwards. Yes, it was knit in the round...
... Hang in there with me. There is a slight seam where the yarn switches for each new stripe. The "seam" was on the top, to my great horror, and I frogged it, turned the sleeve around, and knit two rows past before going to bed.
Grrr. I'll thank myself for doing that later. I kind of already am. I screwed something up during the frogging of the second sleeve and I'll either have to suck it up or sit down and find out what the hell I did. It's mostly a cosmetic issue with three or four stitches.
And if you were wondering, I've had no motivation lately to work on my son's sweater... I need to get on that too.
See more projects by clicking below: