Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Different Kind of WIP

I've got a different sort of work in progress to switch things up a bit. Wait for/scroll to the end for my knitting.

I bought two gallons of paint off the classified site at work for only $20 total. Brand new, never been opened. When we moved into our house in 2011 the family member who had built/lived there had passed away five months prior and except for making sure pipes never froze and no property damage took place, it was never really checked on, cleaned, or maintained. After we bought the place in 2012, I started planning home improvement projects.

The kitchen has been a first priority on the list since we spend so much time in it. Especially me. And any house guests we have throughout the week.






I taped the wood work and most of the ceiling yesterday. That spot in the last photo between the window and shelf was pretty awful to tape. There's a foot of wall space between the shelf and ceiling. I'm thinking I'll start painting that section before the weekend so I can look at it for a while and get an idea of how much the yellow might show through.
The only part I skipped was the base boards since I figured our resident trouble maker would rip it off at some point before I finished prep work anyway.

As for my knitting, I've knit almost the required 7" of the front of the leggings before I can connect the front and back and start on the legs.


See more projects by clicking below: