Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Baby Knits and Fair Entries

I decided to get a head start on my county fair submissions this year, since I have my entry form due mid-June and I'd really like to have my submissions basically finished by then.

The baby knits I will be entering are both from the same pattern book.

I have been working on the cords for this project:


I sewed the sleeves and shoulder seams on Sunday. The individual pieces definitely had a really cool crocodile skin appearance but now that the sweater has been assembled with the tie on the low waistline I'm definitely getting a Lord of the Rings elf vibe. Which I love. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the look the unfinished collar gives.

I cast on for a surplice over the weekend. It's going well although I know I'll be running out of yarn.












I think I'm going to finish it with a purple yarn I have in the master stash. It has a bit of sparkle to it and I think if I add stripes to the top front panel and do a solid purple for the bottom front panel it should look alright. I have some pansy buttons that would match both yarns so that I don't have to use ribbons as the pattern instructs.

It forces me to make it a girl's sweater despite not having any baby girls to knit for but that's alright... It will be ready when I need a baby girl gift in the future.

See more projects by clicking below: