Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Perfect Knitting Weather; Afghan 4.3

While gone over the weekend I was able to spend some valuable knitting time in the car. It has also been pouring rain since Sunday so I was able to get a lot done on the border of the afghan, almost two sides complete! The pattern says to knit the border separate and attach once it is long enough but as I've said before, I hate the process of sewing pieces together when I don't have to so I'm knitting it on as I go. (How's that for a run-on sentence?!)
I ordered a custom button from Wooly Moss Roots' Etsy shop.
I had them carve the wedding date on it and they did a beautiful job.
Once I block the afghan I'll add the button.



As far as the baby bunting, I've made substantial progress on that as well. I really like how it is turning out. The stitch pattern creates such a neat effect. If only the colors weren't so distorted. It seems I can never get an accurate photo of that yarn.

See more projects by clicking below: