Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Knitting, Melting, and Daffodils

Not much has happened on the knitting front this week. This is still a wordy post...sorry! I've been busy and haven't been in good places for working on the afghan (given its size now) so I've been working on the sweater from the baby bunting when I've actually had time to knit.

I decided to knit the sweater in one piece. In the foreground is the right frontpanel, in the background is the back/left front panel. I think it is knitting up rather nice now that I've fixed the garter stitch border. It is hard to tell in the photo (and in person) but I'm past the waist so there's a row full of yarn overs in there for a cord later on.

The snow has melted a lot, and I'd say about half of it has already melted off the yard. Last Friday we woke up to another 4-6" of snow. I flipped out...my daffodils have been poking out of the ground for a couple weeks now despite the snow cover, and I was afraid they would all die. My grandpa gave me the bulbs last summer when we visited, and I planted them last fall. My mother is jealous because she said her daffodils never sprout that early and are never that tall for her this time of the year.
Considering they're all at least 4 inches tall, and I'm not a gardener,
I'm quite proud of this! There are about 25-30 poking out of the ground!

Once our tulips bloom and fade I'll be moving them near the daffodils so they're closer to the house. Right now they have their own patch in the middle of the front yard which makes it impossible to mow around. They were there when we bought this place. As a result the yard looks pretty scrappy by the middle of June...so they are getting moved this year.

See more projects by clicking below: