Friday, April 25, 2014

FO Friday: Cables and Lace Hat

With this hat finished, my friend's care package is almost complete. The pattern was free.

The book I ordered arrived on Monday, I finished the hat on Tuesday. I'm going on a road trip with my mother this weekend, and my sister lives not too far from an Amish community. Or maybe it's on the way to her place? Both her and my mother were pretty vague about the location but at any rate I hope to find some fragrant hand made soaps to go in the package as well.

Made with a little less than a skein of Cascade 220.


My hope is that each item I send will take care of her in a different way.
•A hat to keep warm during another Midwest spring without her hair.
•A book on sick, terminal, and disabled saints for spiritual health and encouragement.
•Some soap to pamper herself with a warm bath when she's in pain or just feeling crappy.
•My plan was also to send some money to help her pay for bills although we were robbed this week (read: account cleaned out and then some) because someone got a hold of one of our credit card numbers so I think I might have to wait on this one.

For more finished projects, click here!