Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Afghan 4.1 and the Baby Bunting

Hello dear readers. I'm still here, don't worry.
I believe the last time you saw these projects, the baby outfit had a hood and a bootie complete.

Now there are a lot of little pieces! The hood, two booties, two mittens, and a crotch piece for the leggings. I also began the sweater. I'm knitting it all in one piece so as to avoid all that sewing at the end (like I did for this one, photo near end of that post), and also because I think knits looks way nicer when they're seamless. So I began on Monday night, knit for three hours, realized I forgot to do a garter stitch border on the sides, tried to rip back only the two end stitches on either side, and got this:

Gross, right? So I frogged back down to two or three pattern rows above the bottom garter edge and re knit what felt like everything I had done in the last three hours. So now fresh, unfrogged yarn is once again coming out of my skein.

The afghan was just shy of 30". I didn't have a measurement included in the last post but I had worked on it since I last measured at 27".
Now I'm at 34" out of a total 48". Needless to say, I've made a bit of progress.

Reading is still all school, and no leisure, material. Drugs, tracheotomies, gross things that come out of bodies. Stuff like that. Until next time...

See more projects by clicking below: