Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Turn of Events

An unexpected bit of news hit me just before heading off to work Monday night. A friend of mine from college is very sick, which is really a gross understatement.

Since then, a mutual friend and I discussed the situation, and I have resolved to put together a care package for her to help recover from her next round of chemo treatment this week.

I found this beautiful pattern on Ravelry, and a book to send too. I'll be in Amish country the weekend after Easter and I'm hoping a gift shop there will have some nice hand made soaps to include in the package. I was going to send gourmet chocolate as well but chemotherapy really kills your appetite and I didn't want to send something she couldn't fully enjoy.

I've been searching high and low for the perfect selfish project for this yarn, which has been in my stash since the end of last June. But when I heard the news I knew only a coveted skein of yarn could make a truly meaningful gift.

Oh yeah, I was also able to add a bit of length on the afghan! Let's end on a high note.

See more projects by clicking below: