Friday, February 21, 2014

A Visit to the Yarn Bank

I finally had an opportunity to go to Yarn Bank in Taylor's Falls, MN.
Let me preface the rest of this post by saying that I am discovering that yarn shopping is not just exciting for the knitter or crocheter. It is exciting for everyone who likes to touch, look, even smell things (the last one isn't really my thing, but...) Yarn shopping is like going on vacation to a sensory wonderland.

OK, back to Yarn Bank. I had my kids with me. Kids love to touch things. I have decided after this experience that if their gloves are on, don't take them off because not having the ability to touch yarn takes a lot of the fun and mischief out of their visit and yours.

Yarn Bank was very kid-tolerant. God bless them. The shop looks small on the outside but it was spacious on the inside. This seems to be a theme with yarn shops: excellent use of space. There is a knitting area in the middle of the store, and the rest of the layout has yarn around the walls and a back room for super chunky and sock yarns.

There is a discount basket next to the register with yarn for 50% off.

My finds:


I actually bought four skeins of the Plymouth Baby DK. I love the oatmeal-y color of the Cascade too. Definitely thinking of keeping that for a selfish project.

Yarn Bank also has a program set up where you get a card (not a credit card), and they keep track of how much you spend. After the first $200, you get a discount for your next purchase. (Of course I signed up...)

Until next time, happy shopping, happy knitting!

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this or asked to review this by the store featured, or anyone else. Opinions are my own.