Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Visit to Color Crossing

Just before the weekend I visited Color Crossing in Roberts, WI.
Photo source: Color Crossing homepage

Unfortunately I have no photos for you of the store interior but that just means you'll have to go there someday. The town of Roberts itself is right off of I-94 (just before the WI/MN border) so if you're on a road trip and need to stretch your legs, or you run out of yarn while car knitting, it is an easy five minutes off the interstate.

This place was pretty cool. It was right by a set of busy train tracks and my little ones enjoyed looking through the store windows every time a train went by. The first room you enter has fiber for spinning for sale. The next room has yarn and a table to knit or crochet at, a back room has discount yarn and a ton of weaving looms, and the back of the store hosts local artists of all kinds. They will come in to paint, weave, sketch, and do other fine art. Generally, the artists let you watch them if you're interested too.

They were incredibly tolerant of my little ones. My naughty little boys who were cooped up in a car for most of the morning running errands with me until we arrived at Color Connection. So I spent a lot of my shopping time running after them (in circles), putting yarn back on shelves, catching them just in time to prevent damage to the looms, with breaks to actually shop when a train went past. Poor planning on my part, I know.
This is actually much more vibrant and much richer of a green than the photo.

I did get a lot of Malabrigo (in worsted, Verde) to make a baby outfit. Maybe I'll be able to finish it in time for the county fair. Maybe I'm delusional.

Next time I won't be bringing the little ones with me...

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this or asked to review this by the store featured, or anyone else. Opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you weren't compelled to review it to make up for the children's visit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Well they definitely embarrassed me but the woman working there was so nice.
    I mostly do these reviews because I like to support local businesses.

    ReplyDelete