Friday, November 8, 2013

I'm on a Roll!

I think I broke a personal record this week. I have not one, not two, but three finished projects this week!

They are all what I like to call One-Skein Wonders.
First, the Saroyan scarves:

Which I know you saw on Wednesday.
And now, the Stargazing Shawlette:

I seem to have an uncanny ability to wear scrub tops that match my
shawls whenever I actually finish them... See my FO page for the first one.

I tried to minimize the curling of the bottom point by increasing in the garter stitch border, and even though it still curls I literally just cast off so I'm guessing blocking it will fix that.
The thing is also G*d awful short. If blocking doesn't help enough I'll have to buy a shawl pin for it too. I know this is the season of giving but I get aggravated when I spring for freakin' Madelinetosh and follow the directions to a T, and things turn out the exact opposite of what I thought.

At least the photo kept the colors true this time. I loved the color way (Mala).

So in the Christmas knitting line up, I can cross another gift of my list.
Saroyan for my sister
Saroyan for my mom
Saroyan for my M-i-L
Narcissa socks for a friend (1 sock done - Ravelry link for pictures)
Fred and George socks for my husband
Stargazing for my S-i-L

See more finished projects by clicking below!