Friday, September 20, 2013

The Little Alfred Cardigan

It's finished! My first project out of the Ninth Sublime Book of Hand Knits. The book with designs just for little boys ages 0-3 years.

A couple things:
-I am so in love with this sweater. So in love!
-Natural shell buttons were used. Which are something I'm also in love with.
-I used two 100g  skeins of Galway worsted yarn by the Plymouth Yarn company. There will be a yarn review on it bright and early Monday morning.
-It fit my little man perfectly (pre-blocking, no gauge swatch. I'm such a rebel...)
-The pattern is not messing around when it tells you how much yarn you need. See:

That is all the yarn I had left after finishing the second sleeve and therefore the last piece of the cardigan. As in, 77 inches of all the yarn I had left for this before attaching the sleeves.


Now I only have a couple feet of yarn left. Someone else's project notes on Ravelry mentioned the same happening to them, so I had fair warning, but boy was I sweating in the end. I actually knit that second sleeve a row (or 2?) shorter than the first because I really didn't think I'd have enough yarn.


Despite all that, I really can't wait to knit something else from that book!

Click on the button below for more finished projects!