Monday, July 1, 2013

Yarn Review Monday 4: Serenity Chunky Sprinkles

What is YRM: I honestly believe there are good things and bad things about every type of yarn, no matter how much you save or how much you break the bank. 

This is for the lay-knitter, not professionals. This is for people like me who might not necessarily be fiber experts despite being a crocheter or knitter for a long time, but need an honest opinion about yarn before they dive into a project with it.

The yarn: 
Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky with Sprinkles
75% acrylic, 25% nylon
2.3 oz - 65g

The project: Need a Hug Bear by Pat Alinejad

What I liked: I love how the teddy turned out. The yarn created a really cool look and the color "sprinkles" feel velvety. It is really perfect for durable but soft children's toys. You can really get creative with it.

What I didn't like: The color splits away from the main yarn a little too often although that is probably user error more than anything.

Where you can buy it: I bought 4 skeins from JoAnn's, both in-store and online.

Affordability: Very... I'm pretty sure I only spent $2-3 per skein at the regular price.


Overall rating:


 











Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this or asked to review this yarn by any store or the company itself. Opinions are my own.