Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Texture!

I will show a rather cryptic photo for this week's work in progress since it is a gift.



To the untrained eye this hopefully doesn't look like much. All I can say is: I love the textures in this. I love how the different stitches make the knitting go so much faster too. I'm going to exceed my July Library goal for it.

I don't think I've read anything for myself in over a month because I've been focusing on my son's reading sheets for story time at our local library. As a result we've been reading a lot of preschool- appropriate books lately. Too many to list, in fact.

See more by clicking below:

  


Some items of "business."
I finally ended my game of yarn chicken with my Quaking Aspen Shawl on Saturday. See the FO here.

I've done six Yarn Review Monday posts since I decided to do them back in May. The links are listed below if you are interested.
Yarn Reviews:
Bernat Boa ( Eyelash yarn; "unofficial" yarn review)
Caron Simply Soft Solids and Simply Soft Light
Cascade 220 Sport Weight
Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky Sprinkles
DGB Confetti
Paton's Classic Wool

Speaking of yarn, Marigold's Loft is hosting another Knitting Madness G+ Hangout next Friday. You have until this Friday to get a form and fill it out, and email it back to her if you want to join us. It is a lot of fun! Give it a try.


I had to add this... My co- worker made me some stitch markers after showing her some cake ones I loved on Etsy. They're adorable. Check them out!

Can they get any cuter?! Plus I can use them on larger needles. No, it does not get cuter than that.

5 comments:

  1. KEEP ON KNITTING!
    I really like the yarn, and the pattern you are using. What a great gift...too cute.
    I enjoy taking a peek at others creations. Thanks for sharing.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie - The Handmade Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those different stitch patterns must really keep it interesting. I find anything where the next rows are different - like stripes, charts, lace - really pulls me along and I knit them quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look forward to seeing what this is! looks lovely! what a nice gift of stitch markers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the stitch markers are adorable! I love texture too when knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour you are using for your gift.
    Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete