Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Little of This and That

I've finally found a good book and I've been reading like crazy. I bought Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax at the Minnesota Catholic Home Educator's Conference this Saturday and I love it. Yes, I plan to home school and my husband and I both believe very strongly that the education system is decidedly tailored to girls. There is very little accommodation for curious and active boys. This book talks about these problems as well as medicating young children with psychotropic meds such as Adderall, why boys are not moving out when they grow up, and problems with not being motivated.



On the knitting front, I've been working on the cardigan and the bear for my oldest son. The photo is from this afternoon but I am finished with the legs as of right now.
My youngest son decided to yank on the ends of my yarn while I was knitting this afternoon. It was the roving used for the paws of the teddy bear, and of course it just pulled right out. The kid loves eating fibers. I'm surprised he doesn't cough up hairballs.

Yum, right?!


See more by clicking below.
  

4 comments:

  1. When my daughter was that small she liked to chew on yarn as well...children of knitters, what can you do?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised he was able to pull the yarn apart!

      Delete
  2. Even for us adult, yarn always taste yummy though we dont chew it direct rite..hahaha.. Your baby is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I suppose we describe yarn as yummy, don't we? Thanks!

      Delete