Monday, May 20, 2013

100th post: Yarn Review Mondays

I'm going to start a yarn review here. The last time I was yarn shopping at my LYS one of the customers was discussing yarn with the shop owner, and being very snooty about fiber content, brands, etc. I honestly believe there are good things and bad things about every type of yarn, no matter how much you save or how much you break the bank.

This is for the lay-knitter, not professionals. This is for people like me who might not necessarily be fiber experts despite being a crocheter or knitter for a long time, but need an honest opinion about yarn before they dive into a project with it. There will be a link below for each review I do too, so it is easy to find the ones you're looking for.

This is not going to be a weekly event but when I do a review, it will be on Mondays.
Stay tuned!
Click on the icon below for a complete list of reviews:

Yarn Reviews:
Bernat Boa ( Eyelash yarn; "unofficial" yarn review)
Berroco Vintage (TM) Chunky
Caron Simply Soft Solids and Simply Soft Light
Cascade 220 Sport Weight
Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky Sprinkles
DGB Confetti
Fisherman's Wool by Lion Brand
Paton's Classic Wool
Plymouth Yarns Galway (TM) Worsted
Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand