Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Odds and Ends

Firstly, I'm excited to say that I will be joining in the annual knit and crochet blog week this year. It starts on Monday, so if you plan to join click below to get info and see this year's writing topics.

It is hosted by Eskimimi Makes and you can click on the banner here for more information.

On to my knitting. I'm battling once again with my baby sister in law's coat. You can read my lamentations on it here. No need to do it twice, two posts in a row. To repeat myself, and sum up the post I linked to, This is just one of those projects everyone has to experience where every time it gets worked on, something goes wrong, but you're too far involved to turn and run from battle... The victory will be that much sweeter.

I'm just about finished with The Four Signs of a Dynamic Catholic and thanks to a book review last week, I downloaded Silas Marner, the Weaver of Raveloe by George Eliot and will be starting it this week.
Dynamic Catholic is about reinvigorating our faith and helping others do the same. Here are a couple snippets from the last "sign," evangelization:
"... you don't have to have all the answers to help someone else grow in the faith; you just have to be willing to help him or her find the answers to the questions you cannot answer."

4 comments:

  1. that is a very pretty colour for a coat, I'm excited to see how it grows. Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked back through all the frustrations on the Parisian coat. You're a trooper for sticking with it! I'd have tossed it to the back of a cupboard by now. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color for the coat!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-85/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete