Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day Two (Tuesday April 23rd): A Mascot Project

"Your task today is to either think of or research a project that embodies that house/animal. It could be a knitting or crochet pattern – either of the animal itself or something that makes you think of the qualities of that house. Alternatively it could be a type or colour of yarn, or a single button. Whatever you choose, decide upon a project and blog about how and why it relates to your house/creature. You do not have to make this project! It is simply an exercise in blogging about how you come to decide upon what projects to make. Try and blog about the journey which inspiration and investigating patterns, yarns, stitches, (etc) can often guide you through. You may wish to make a collage or 'mood board' to present several ideas, or even sketch out your own design."



 In the spirit of loving classic designs and comfort, I've been doing a lot of browsing on Ravelry for a good first fair isle sweater. For myself, of course, since I have yet to make myself a sweater and I've already made my husband two of them. And besides the occasional gift, all my knitting is devoted to my boys.
The sweaters I'm debating between all appeal to me for many reasons. I love the styles for all of them. For the Nordic Cardi, I love the moose on the front and I don't have a lot of cardigans in my wardrobe. I love how classic and versatile the pattern in the DROPS sweater is...I could wear it anywhere. And the Roslin sweater appeals to me because it looks so comfy, and it is something I could snuggle in during the winter months here in Wisconsin. I also really like the large hood on it.

These are the patterns I'm trying to decide between for my first sweater for myself, all found on Ravelry:

Nordic Cardigan by Patons

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for further proof that the Manatee House is not all boring knitting!! You have some beautiful pattern options, though I think my fav is the one from DROPS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally a fellow manatee to follow this week! Thank you! Comfort does not equal boring... A lot of people associate the two I think.

      Delete