Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yarn Along: More Frogging, More Reading

I frogged on this project yet again, but this time it was only about four rows so... hoo-rah... and the frog count is up to five.



Got yarn ordered for the Devan sweater I have been itching to make. The first attempt did not jive well with me.
I special ordered the recommended DGB brand sock yarn since I couldn't find cheaper,  more local yarn that patterned the way I envisioned.  I'm hoping I won't regret this $40 decision...

 I also started a book cover two weeks ago and finished it this week:

A tutorial for lace book covers can be found here!

Plugging away at the Catechism for the time being.  The library hasn't received my ordered copy of Cutting for Stone yet.
While reading about the Church here on earth I came across this gem which I feel compelled to share from Article 9, paragraph 2, 77:

"She is black but beautiful, O daughters of Jerusalem, for even if the labor and pain of her long exile may have discolored her, yet heaven's beauty has adorned her."

Even in this corrupted world,  even being corrupted through distance from God and influenced by flawed people,  His Church is still beautiful and God still favors and looks after His followers. I thought this passage was so poetically written.

2 comments:

  1. I like your book cover! Very creative.

    I hope you like Cutting for Stone. It is a very different story. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I read the free sample of it on my tablet and I was hooked after reading the 75 page preview.

      Delete