Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Making Headway

Another Wednesday already... Where does the time go?
I am done with the individual pieces for the top of the coat and now I'm working on them all together as I do the collar. So, things are looking good.
A real book folks! Made of paper! I can hardly contain my excitement.

I've also just cracked open Anton the Dove Fancier and other tales from the Holocaust. It was highly  recommended by my mother in law.  I am also plugging away at the Catechism each day.
Here is a snippet from Monday:
898 "By reason of their special vocation it belongs to the laity to seek the kingdom of God by engaging in temporal affairs and directing them according to God's will. ... It pertains to them in a special way so to illuminate and order all temporal things with which they are closely associated that these may always be effected and grow according to Christ and maybe to the glory of the Creator and Redeemer."
899 The initiative of lay Christians is necessary especially when the matter involves discovering or inventing the means for permeating social, political, and economic realities with the demands of Christian doctrine and life.

Click to see more projects:



8 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your coat. Your book sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish the violet color wasn't so hard to see!

      Delete
  2. I'm interested to see how the coat turns out. The yarn looks like it knits beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its just your basic acrylic yarn but it has been knitting up rather well. I did a post on the pattern before I started... you can check it out if you're interested:

      http://knitcorner.blogspot.com/2013/01/love-your-library-january.html

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color you chose for your coat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to smile when I read your excitement at a "paper book". A coat...wow, sounds like quite a project. Best of luck with it.

    http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2013/02/mother-and-daughter-style.html

    Hope you don't mind the cut and paste url above, your comment option only has the generic google available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But don't be too impressed, it is for a two year old.

      Delete