Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Get to Know Me

I know I don't talk about myself much on here, but it's kind of intentional. However, I know some people might be interested in who the heck is the person behind the needles so I am doing an 11 question post because one of my favorite bloggers has good questions.

  1. How did you choose your first child’s name? (If you don’t have any kids yet, what do you want to name your first born?) Both kiddos are named after saints from the first Eucharistic prayer.  Our first was named after a fifth century martyr. I will tell you that his middle name is Augustine, named so because we had him before we were married and while Augustine was rather promiscuous and naughty, he eventually converted and became a great, holy man and theologian.
  2. If money wasn’t an option, where would you love to live? My grandparents sold their farm in upstate NY a few years ago. I would buy it back and move there in a heartbeat.
  3. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done? I had the toughest time memorizing my music for my cello recitals. One year, I forgot my music entirely and no matter how many cues my teacher played me I just sat there on stage redder than a tomato barely holding back the tears. I think I was in seventh or eighth grade.
  4. What catch-phrases annoy you? How about filler words. "Like" inserted wherever someone would normally breathe annoys me.
  5. Do you have any phobias? Grasshoppers/locusts/anything related to grasshoppers. Don't ask why. I couldn't tell you.
  6. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to? I haven't been to many good concerts. Freshman year of college I went to enough concerts of local bands and I gotta say, I liked mine the best...haha. My friend convinced me to play my cello for the band. There were six of us and we were pretty awesome. We even self recorded some EPs but that only lasted a year. My close friend's brother's band had pretty good concerts although I'm not big on screamo so... there you go.
  7. Do you believe in love at first sight? I didn't until I laid eyes on my husband for the first time.
  8. High school – loved it? Or hated it? Loved it mostly for the things that had nothing to do with school. Color guard, speech team, volunteering at the humane society, biking and winter camping trips with school were great.
  9. Do you have a funny auto correct story to share? I wish I could remember it. My mom's auto correct did something funny when she first learned how to text but that was a few years ago.
  10. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? Maybe the Nuremberg trials. The movie is so good, I think that going back and seeing it for real would be just amazing/heart wrenching all at once.
  11. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Go back to school to get an RN degree. Working. With two tots. I just got my letter saying I'm an alternate for the fall, so if someone drops out my journey begins. How will I do it? There's an awful lot of coffee in my future...