Wednesday, December 19, 2012

No Loose Ends

I have an FO and a finished book this week! I've woven in my loose ends and already have the scarf wrapped.

Close up on the details

The flowers were so small! 

Better view of the scarf.  It is ten flowers long,  but this is folded over so you only see four.


I used 100% Peruvian highland wool for both yarns and I REALLY wish I wasn't giving it away! But that is what makes a good gift.
Who is it for?  My husband's close friend wanted to do something nice for us for Christmas since we have helped him out quite a bit this year,  so naturally my husband wanted to turn it into a gift exchange.  He found some awesome Nerf shotguns for our boys (they're the same age) but was at a loss when came to his friend's girlfriend.  So,  I volunteered my talents. She's not into frills so after omitting the Picot edge and the bead work I think it will be perfect for her personality.  I will definitely make this pattern again, as written! 

Reading for me:  finished House of Mirth and loved it.  Still reading a snippet of the Catechism every day and I am going to start The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas as soon as I hit publish. I've decided to explore his writing more since Count of Monte Cristo is my all time favorite book. 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely cables....I think the gray for someone who's not frilly is a good idea.

    http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2012/12/box-of-crayons-for-sandy-hook-elementary.html

    leaving the link cause you don't have name and url available to leave link to the post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link and the compliment! Have a merry Christmas!

      Delete