Wednesday, October 31, 2012

...So close to finished!

For the 11/7 yarn along, my most recent post can be found here. I accidentally linked the wrong URL.

I set a goal for myself to finish the sleeves on my ASJ before yarn along this week. The buttons/toggles arrived on Monday even though they were coming from Canada and I placed the order Thursday...not on rushed delivery! The Etsy store I got them from can be found here! I sewed on the buttons before I had even begun the second sleeve but they went so perfectly with the yarn I just couldn't resist. I made button loops using i-cord stitch. All I have left is to sew the sleeve seems. I plan on adding a row of cabling where it will be stitched together to add more girth to the sleeve since my husband has larger arms.

To me, the buttons are reminiscent of the elves' leaf brooches from Lord of the Rings. It is why I had to get them.

I also began this pattern for an in-law of mine expecting a baby girl at the end of this year/beginning of next year. I've finished the back as you can see and have the beginning of the front on my needles.


I cast on only half the called-for sets since I didn't want such a full skirt on it. This is a great pattern and it knits up quick.

I am still reading the Catechism but I also started House of Mirth by Edith Wharton the other night at work at the recommendation of my sister-in-law.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome buttons!!! That sweater looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buttons are great with the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those buttons are great! No wonder you couldn't resist them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the buttons you found! Perfection :). I've not read the House of Mirth but it's on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweater and buttons look fantastic! I'm not brave enough to knit anything 'man' sized yet!
    The little dress is going to be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Emma! Just so you know I posted the wrong link. For this week's post this is where it is:http://knitcorner.blogspot.com/2012/11/post-election-yarn-along.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those buttons, I wouldn't be able to resist them either. They look fab!

    ReplyDelete