Friday, September 14, 2012

Finn the Human Hat

Please stay safe if you are in areas of conflict at this time. We are praying for peace at our house. That is all we can do for the time being.

Well I finished the second hat (Finn the Human) for Halloween.


You know you have small children when knitting projects are modeled on stacks of Duplos.

It was pretty easy to make although when I divided off for the nubs I had 8 needles in it, including the one I was knitting with:

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I really need to learn how to crochet my edges so they look nicer. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out before Halloween. Maybe the little guy will wear it enough into submission before Halloween rolls around. At any rate, I'm the only one who is going to care what the edges look like anyway. Maybe I'll finish it with an i-cord.


Also, remember my bolero from Yarn Along this week? I'm stuck.

The pattern says,
"At armhole edge, BO 5 sts once, then BO 3 sts once - 31 sts remain."
Below is a diagram from the pattern:
The diagram for the left front piece looks like the decreases could be either all at the beginning or both the beginning and the end, which is why I need advice/input/help!


Am I supposed to be decreasing by 8 at the beginning of the row or 5 at the beginning and 3 at the end? I will have to let this sit until I figure it out. Any help would be great.

Until next time, happy knitting.

Edit: Pattern here. (For Finn's hat.)


2 comments:

  1. Did you freehand that pattern? (The finn hat). I've been wanting to make one for a friend! Beautiful work. I hope your kiddo loves it!

    Allie
    craftyallie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! If you make one free hand I will let you know that I had problems with face hole shaping. It turned out very gaping and the top did not stay on his head so I picked up the stitches and added two rows to the top half of the face opening. My brother in law asked me for one too. I just haven't bought more white yarn for it yet so I don't any adult sizing to make a pattern.

      Delete