Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Canning

I'm beginning to really enjoy canning. It is only my second year doing it but I actually find it quite fun and relaxing. My mother came over for a few days to help me can all the great produce from my garden this year. We've really only gotten food off our apple tree, raspberry patch and tomatoes. Besides a moderate amount of jalapenos, the rest of our garden has been a bust.

We did the applesauce last night, the jam this morning and the marinara sauce until dinner time. There was one more 1/2 pint of jam but I gave it to a friend of mine who visited me today. This is what we accomplished in less than 24 hours.

I will provide my marinara sauce recipe in a different post and if our salsa turns out well tomorrow I will provide a recipe for that as well.

Until next time.